Fire Equipment Test & TagAvailable Locations & Course Dates:
Fire Equipment Test & Tag
Aim of this Course / Target Group
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely conduct routine six-monthly (level 1) and annual (level 2) inspections, servicing and maintenance, and testing/tagging of fire extinguishers, fire blankets and fire hose reels in accordance with relevant Australian standards. The course provides a blend of theoretical instruction with practical training in relation to the testing of firefighting equipment and is suitable for everyone.
This course is based on the requirements outlined in the Australian standards, codes of practice, regulations and safe working systems relevant to the inspection and testing of firefighting equipment and addresses;
- Key features of legislation, regulations and codes applicable to selecting, positioning, inspecting and testing fire extinguishers, fire blankets and fire hose reels.
- Inspection of fire extinguishers, fire blankets, fire hose reels
- Installation, service and maintenance of fire protection equipment
- Testing and tagging process
- Types of extinguishing agents and dangers of mixing them
- BCA fire compliance and deemed to comply requirements
- Folding fire blankets according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Special requirements for aggressive environments
- Documentation and reporting of inspection activities
Knowledge based questionnaires and practical demonstration
Must have basic English literacy skills
Academic Award & Recognition
Upon successful completion participants will be issued with the following Statements of Attainment relevant to their industry area which will be recognised nationally
- CPPFES2020 Conduct routine inspection and testing of fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- CPPFES2010 Inspect and test fire hose reels
What To Wear
All course participants are required to wear appropriate work attire. Whilst closed in shoes are a minimum requirement for attendance on any course, steel capped safety boots are required for forklift, dogging, vehicle loading crane (hiab) and rigging courses
Morning Tea & Lunch
Feel free to grab a tea or coffee before the course starts and during the course breaks. All participants will be offered morning/ afternoon tea.
Lunches will be provided at our training center.
$347.00 After CTF Subsidy
This subsidy is available to eligible participants only. Bulk billing is available to participants who pay the balance prior to the course